Welcome to Grand Central Station!
Grand Central Station (GCS) is the name of the children’s ministry at Grandview Christian Church, which serves children from birth through 6th grade. You can find GCS on the lower level of the church.
Click below to see lesson highlights from this month for 3 year olds- 3rd graders!
- Grand Central Station staff have been interviewed, references have been checked, and background checks completed on new staff.
- To ensure the kids' safety, we require each child be checked in through our computer-based check in system. Children are asked to wear a name tag and parents are given a corresponding pick-up tag. When parents return, we ask that they present their pick-up tag.
- Please make sure we know about your child's allergies. If your child is allergic to something, the information will be added to our computer system and added to your child's name tag. We rely on you to make sure this information remains current. Thanks!
- A first aid kit is kept at the Information Desk. A log book is used to record all first aid that is administered.
- Grand Central Station workers are instructed on how to evacuate the building. The evacuation plan is posted next to the door of each classroom.
Grandview provides two nurseries: infant and 1-year old. Please feel free to stop by the information desk for a quick tour of our facilities.
Sunday Morning Schedule
The Grand Central Station staff will be ready to receive children 15 minutes before each worship service begins. Visitors should stop by the Information Desk at the entrance of Grand Central Station to check in their children before proceeding to their classrooms. A greeter will escort you and your child to their classroom.
- Infant Nursery
- 1 year old Sunday School
- 2 year old Sunday School
- 3 year old Sunday School
- 4s & 5s Sunday School
- K-3rd grade Kids' Worship
- Crew456 Worship
- Infant Nursery
- 1 year old Nursery
- 2s and 3s Sunday School
- 4s, 5s, & Kindergarten A Sunday School
- Kindergarten B and First Grade Sunday School
- 2nd and 3rd grade Sunday School
- 4th, 5th & 6th grade Sunday School classes
Sunday School Overview
- 9:30 am, 1 year olds: an interactive class focused on creation.
- 2 year olds: a 4 week class highlighting the life of Jesus. Because repetition at this age is so important, each lesson is repeated every month.
- 3 year olds- 3rd grade: a class that is spending one year surveying the entire Bible using curriculum called Dig In!
- 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade Sunday School: a class designed to help students dive deeper by exploring how the Bible works together to form a narrative with specific themes that show God's love, grace, and justice. Check out The Bible Project to learn more. You can also follow this link to see an introductory video: What is the Bible?
- Kids' Worship is for Kindergarten through 3rd graders. It's designed to prepare children to participate in congregational worship. Each week includes the Lord's Prayer, Communion, scripture readings, songs and a lesson.
- 4th, 5th, and 6th grade Worship: a worship service that asked 4th, 5th and 6th graders to take on leadership roles by writing prayers, serving communion and leading worship. No one is ever forced to lead, but all are encouraged to participate.